12A Figuring Out Buyer Behavior #1



Individuals under 35 with simple arm wrist or forearm fractures.

To find my 3 interviewees, I went to the Tampa Orthopedic Institute and talked to three people that walked in with small casts on their arms. It is funny how fast people are willing to talk to you if you say your a college student conducting research. Anyway, my three people all said the same thing when it came to the time and place that the casts were needed, it was when they broken their limb in the first place and went to the doctor to seek medical attention.

When asked what the first thing they do when the problem arises is to first seek their families then go as soon as possible to the doctor to get it checked out. This is normally the day of and if not the day after. They go to get an X-ray of the bone and seek what the doctor has to say. Then, the doctor for my three people all said to be casted and then they jut follow the procedure.

I learned in this process that people all tend to do the process when they suffer an injury. They do it for their safety and immediately seek medical attention. The implementation of my idea wouldn't be on the buyers side, it would be how the doctor implements the cast. The whole way my idea could work is to be backed by a few doctors and them seeing the benefits associated with my cast structure.

To conclude, I basically confirmed what I already knew. When individuals hurt themselves then they go to seek medical attention and then follow what the doctor orders. So if the doctor says to be casted, then the individual gets casted. My idea will have to be on the service side of the doctors and will have to be adopted as a sufficient casting device for doctors to recommend to their patients.

Comments

  1. Hello John,
    The patients follow whatever the doctors say, because they want to recover as fast as they can. Also, the doctor is the one who prescribes the patients the treatment they need. Therefore, I think doctors might be your customers. Once you have doctors investing into your business, more people who use casts will be more willing and trusting to use your product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack, I enjoyed reading your three interviews. They seem like the people that you interviewed were very helpful with your opportunity. Hopefully you can convince the doctors to use your opportunity. I definitely believe it will take some time for this opportunity to come around. I believe that your opportunity would have to get certified as a valuable option other than getting a normal cast. Good luck with your opportunity look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, John. It was really good and somewhat surprising to hear how easy the interviews were to get by just walking in. You did a good job explaining the needs awareness and the information search makes sense as most people don't nurse fractures by themselves. There may be the possibility of those "internet doctors" who try to do their search about casts on the internet, however. I believe the only place to go from here is to interview the real doctors as they will be the final steps in establishing the business!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4A An Opportunity Belief

28A- My Exit Strategy

6A- Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends