21A- Reading Reflection 2


The Art of Social Media, Power Tips for Power Users - Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick

The general theme of the book is to find the tips and tricks to enhance your business through the use of social media. Every tip is thoroughly tested and examined to see their impact on a business and all work in a positive manner. They range from how to promote your personal profiles to how to respond to people perfectly to how to run socialization events.

This book connected and enhances the idea of how to promote yourself in a positive manner throughout all the internet. Being an entrepreneur is all about how you will be a let to promote your idea by yourself and the best practices to do it.

My exercise based on this book would be to create a social media page for your idea and see how you can promote it to specific markets. Also, then give it a couple days and see if you can get five random people interested in your idea and possibly have discussions with them to see if they would actually r interested in using the product.

What was my biggest "aha" moment was that to promote a idea best, it needs to be on all of the social media sites including google plus. I have never thought to market on google plus and it is the biggest one respectively. Everyone uses google so why wouldn't I use this as a marketing site. I aim to use this more not only if I was to keep working on my idea for this class, but also in my profession as a real estate agent.


Comments

  1. Hello John,

    I find your exercise idea to be very interesting, because it is a benefit for entrepreneurs to have a social media account for their business, because it is free advertising for the business and social media networks are popular. Getting feedback from others about the social media page is helpful, because they could be the first customers for the business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book as well and found it pretty interesting as well! The google plus aspect was certainly something I didn't expect but it makes sense that while not necessarily in use by the regular public, it is an important aspect within companies and professional fields. Self-promotion is not something to be understated, as a bad persona could easily ruin a business. I think this book was pretty good at cultivating this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey jack I read this book also. When looking at the list of books I figured this one would be the most helpful with our day and age. Especially since people are always on social media and it is continuing to grow and I don't see it going anywhere. I think this book will be very helpful for the future of both of our businesses. I think social media is a great marketing strategy and hopefully it pays off for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4A An Opportunity Belief

28A- My Exit Strategy

6A- Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends