25A- What's Next?


Existing Market People

Beth Raulerson- She believed the next step was to run a social media campaign for a week and see if I could see any results of people who want to use them. When I told her my next step of making a model and showing the possible way into the field, she said that that might be a little rushed and he would want to see the people interested before seeing the product.

Justin Tice- He believed my next step was to try to operate my real estate office as a partial storefront.  When I told him my idea, he said that that might be the best way but getting independent sales would make more money in the short run.

Joey Mello- He believed my next step would be to make the model and start showing as many doctors as possible to spark their interests. His response to my idea was that that was brilliant and to do it instead of his idea.

My next steps based on my ideas and the ideas of these people is to first make a model of the product for display. Then, with that model, create a social media advertising campaign and see how many people thus would spark their interest. Then call the people who's numbers I get and call them up and see if they would want to come see it in person, in my storefront. This storefront would be the front lobby of my team's real estate office. After there is a couple people interested, then bring my model as well as a full operating plan down to the medical device company and try to get a meeting with the board.
Before I could operate a storefront I would have to register my business with the DBPR and manage that. To grow the business, I would try to spread my idea to doctors throughout the state and see if they would be interested in hearing more about my idea.

New Market People

Mr. Taylor- He is a landscape worker who works part-time due to his medical disability. I told him about my idea and he said he could use it. It would help him a lot as he needs to stay active even through work. A adaptation he said would be needed would be to get this idea immediately passed through insurance as many could not and would not pay for in outright.

Mr. Egens- He is Mr. Taylor's assistant in the lawn care company. When I asked how my idea might help he said that he didn't see the difference between my cast and a removable sling type device. He also spoke about the price that the idea would cost and said that he did not think many people would buy it, only the super wealthy who "feel the need to be different."

Reflection

What I learned from this market is that not many people in the lower class would want my expensive product. Only the upper class, which would have the money to pay for it, would want this. Due to the technology and manufacture fees, my cast structure could cost nearly a thousand dollars compared to the five hundred (ish) for the current model. People in the lower class would not generally want to vary from the traditional just to wash it.
What was surprising from my interviews was that my cast is essentially just a "more expensive sling", well at least according to Mr. Egens. He may have said this out of confusion because slings are easily removable, as mine would not be. Also, slings are not for fully injured individuals, just individuals with bumps and bruises or because of support. Before asking, I assumed that my product would be too expensive and that they would think it was overpriced and that was confirmed. My second market, as far as these two individuals, did not seem to be nearly as interested as the first market and the price seemed to be the ultimate factor. My device would be generally for the rich people who could afford it and see the need for higher cleanliness and more fashion.

Comments

  1. Hi Jack after reading your post I believe that the existing market definitely needs your product. Hopefully you will be able to start producing it soon and get it out there to the public. That could definitely be a problem focusing on only one group to buy your product. There are not as many rich people as there are poor people. I wonder if there is anyway that you could possibly bring down he cost. Good luck with your product and being able to reach more buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A model seems ideal to get people invested in your product. This could really help attract people with more capital to help you get started. I think it's good that you were able to reflect on the price of your product; perhaps you could develop an additional feature that really sets it apart from what it is and makes it more appealing to the market you have already (decorations or patterns)?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4A An Opportunity Belief

28A- My Exit Strategy

6A- Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends