26A- Celebrating Failure


Over the past semester, I have failed multiple times giving a listing presentation to individuals selling homes and they went with other agents. On these homes, the sellers wanted five different agents normally to come over and give them a "listing presentation" where we discuss our past credentials and how we will market and sell their home. My listing presentation is all about how I work on a big real estate team and have sold over 20 homes myself as well as the 250 plus that my team has sold. Also, I talk about how my marketing campaigns that I do for my homes which entails posting about them on social media, posting on the MLS, Zillow, and a couple other sites. I also talk about my database and how I already have potential clients looking for a home of that price range in their area. I failed on six different listings out of ten that I went on.

What I learned was that no matter if my presentation good or not, some people just want a agent that is older and seems to have more experience due to that even if they do not. What I will need to do in the future to better my presentation is finds out who the other agents are that are coming over and compare my past to theirs to potentially sway the opinions of the sellers. I can't help the fact that some people have the friends come sell their house and it is hard to step in on that but for other agenda that they don't know, I have to find a competitive advantage over them somehow.

Failure is just a part of life. To get better at anything you need to fail multiple times. The major factor in it though is just how stubborn you are to keep on moving past failure. I handle failure as just a small mark and easily move past it. In my profession, there will always be more homes to sell so getting shot down by one shouldn't be dwelled on. Instead I should just focus on the next one. This class has changed my look on failure because it showed me that I need to be as different as others as possible for the best outcome. Also, try numerous ways to do the same thing to see the best way instead of just being stuck doing the same thing. I am more likely to risk that then how I was at the beginning of the semester.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your failures in the real estate business. I have a good friend that is a realtor and it is definitely not a consistent work. He is also young and deals with similar issues that you face. I think as time progresses that these people might turn to you if it does not work out with the older realtors. I know this has happened to my friend. People have chose to go with another realtor and then after awhile they decide to try something new out. I'm happy to see that you notice the things that are having people chose over you. It is always good to know the problem so you can work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's admirable that you're already in the real estate business despite your age. With that kind of mindset, by the time you can impress customers with your age, you'll also have a lot more experience and determination than a lot of others in your field. Stubbornness is a good quality to have when it comes to failure, especially when you combine it with creative solutions to surpass your problems.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4A An Opportunity Belief

28A- My Exit Strategy

6A- Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends