27A- Reading Reflection 3


Mindset- The New Psychology of Success, How we can learn to fulfill our potential - Carol S. Dweck

The general theme of the book is about how you should always keep an open mindset and not be closed off to the surroundings. Keeping an open mindset keeps you outside the box and lets you stay open to new ideas. The book also breaks down the a couple different mindsets, the champion, the leader, the relationship, and the parental. They all have a different mindset and all have the same traps of why they fall into the non-growth mindset. Also, the book discusses more in depth how each mindset has different aspects and how keeping a growth mindset is always the best way.

This book has enhanced the ideas of this class that my potential idea for this class of a 3D printed cast structure can always be enhanced and that I need to keep my eyes open on how to make it better instead of just staying locked in on my way. The more I let my product grow, the more it will be able to actually become a real thing. 

An exercise I would make about this assignment is slightly varying your product to switch up your mindset and how a slightly varied product might be more reasonable and usable. Instead of having a 3D printed cat structure, I could make a permeable cast out of the same materials that are used today but instead of the cloth, use something that can be washed and not mold. 

The biggest surprise I read in this book is that I should keep my traditional mindset when I come fail at something and do not get what I want. When I have enough time to rationalize it, that is when it is important to move forward. That is when I look at what the next steps are and how I would grow from this. This is an "aha" moment because I thought this book would tell me to find a new how to deal with rejection instead of being able to keep my way of dealing with it and then just expanding off of it.

Comments

  1. Hello John,

    I also read this book for a previous reading reflection and enjoyed seeing a different perspective on the book. I like how you connected this book with your business idea. You used what you learnt into your business idea. Also, your assignment seems very good, because as entrepreneurs, we will constantly have to modify our services or products to fit the customers’ needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack I personally did not read this book but it sounds very interesting after reading your post. I think the best part was your aha moment. I was able to learn a few things after reading your post and this was definitely one of them. Your assignment sounds really cool. You never know if something will work until you try it. So maybe as you continue to try new things you might stumble across something that works better than what might be the norm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4A An Opportunity Belief

28A- My Exit Strategy

6A- Identifying Opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends